17.7.17

Review: Lily Alone by Vivian Brown

Lily Alone Lily Alone by Vivien Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

To be honest I was a bit unsure about wether I wanted to read this book because from the blurb it does sound like it is a story about child abuse.Happily there is not any abuse in this book,it is a story about families,how people of all ages can be neglected,not making snap judgements about others,mistakes love,relashionships and forgiveness.It is not a thriller but some of the earlier chapters are quite intense and had me holding my breath and almost screaming no don't do that at my kindle.

Why does Lily who is almost three wake up and find that she is all alone?.She's afraid of the dark,can't use the phone and not allowed to speak to strangers.

Meanwhile a mysterious young woman lies in a induced coma in hospital.No one knows her name or who she is.But in her silent dreams a little girl is crying out for her mummy.

This emotionally charged story is voiced by a mixed bag of likeable,realistic characters.There is Lily,her Mum,Dad, and Grandmother,Lily`s Dad`s fiance,The Old lady downstairs and her son and one of the nurses who works at the hospital.Although the story is voiced by a number of characters it is easy to follow and the flow of the story is never broken whenever there is a change in character.

My favourite parts of the story where the chapters about Lily and her Mum Ruby.The author kept the reader guessing by not revealing why Lily was left on her own until towards the end of the book.It is a well written story that I really enjoyed reading,the only part that I felt a bit disappointed by was how the story ended,it was a bit too unrealistic and happily ever after for this reader but that's just my personal opinion.

Many thanks to Harper Collins UK/Harper impulse for a arc of this book via netgalley in exchange for a honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment