23.12.17

My Favourite Reads of 2017 : part 2


 I was hooked in by this riveting story from the very first page.There was a number of twists and red herrings that kept the reader guessing and the short snappy chapters gave me a very bad dose of Just one more chapter syndrome.The ending really got to me for personal reasons and I was close to tears when I finished the book.I loved this well written debut thriller and I look forward to reading more books by this author in the future.


I thoroughly enjoyed this gripping tale of secrets,lies and betrayals.The story was fast paced,the characters completely untrustworthy and I was totally blown away by One completely unexpected twist.Very,very good book,highly recommended by little old me to anyone who enjoys a thriller that really and truly keeps you guessing.


 Wow,reading this book is like riding a roller coaster whilst wearing a blindfold.It's packed full of twists and turns,you have absolutely no idea what is going to happen next but you definitely know you don't want to get off until the ride is over and are very disappointed when you get to the end.


 Wow,Wow and Wow again,this is a totally riviting twist packed story that I would gladly give far more than five stars if I could and would happily recommend to anyone who enjoys reading a damn good thriller.


 The book does have quite a lot of chapters but they are short and snappy,there was a number of unexpected twists and plenty of mystery and intregue to keep the reader hooked and entertained.I really enjoyed this riveting thriller and would happily give it more than five stars if I could.


 I absolutely loved this well written,twist paced,gripping tale of friendships,relationships,lies,paranoia and mistakes.The ending blew me away,it was so mind blowing and shocking,totally chilling.I think this is Louise Jensen`s best book so far and I would love to give it loads more than five stars,it is definitely going to be one of my top five books of the year.


 I thoroughly enjoyed this emotional story of grief,relashionship,friendships,jealousy,mental illness,blame and forgiveness.Although I did guess quite early on in the story the truth about a couple of characters,it's didn't spoil my enjoyment of this well written,debut thriller and I would happily read more books by this author in the future.



 I can't honestly say I enjoyed one part of the story more than the other but I was definitely routing more for the reveal Jo than I was for the conceal Jo and I really felt so much sympathy for Jo`s husband Reuben during the conceal chapters.It's a thought provoking story of lies,secrets,relashionships,forgiveness,guilt and making the right decisions.This would be a very good book to be read by a book group,it would definitely raise some interesting discussions.I mean after all what would you do.....conceal or reveal?.


 OMG....right now that I am actually remembering to breath and my pounding heart beat has returned to its normal rate,I now feel calm enough to write my review of this fast paced,action packed,gripping thriller.Although I haven't read any of the other books in this series that didn't spoil my enjoyment of this book,it can be read and enjoyed as a stand alone.I would love to watch a film adaptation of this book or a tv series based on Joe Hunters adventures.I really really enjoyed this gripping thriller.luckily for me I have eleven more Joe Hunter books to catch up on.



It's not a fast paced story but it is very Intreguing,gripping and has some seriously intense moments especially the parts set at The Brink and in the isolated cabin.David Raker is one of my favourite fictional characters,he puts his heart and soul into his cases,very often without a single thought about his own safety.As usual he finds himself caught up in a number of life threatening situations that had me on the edge of my comfy chair wondering how he was going to escape this time.Although this is the eighth book in the series it can be read and enjoyed as a stand alone.I really love this series and after making the mistake of reading the excerpt I seriously can't wait to read the next book.It would be so cool if this series of  books was chosen to be adapted for tv or as a series of films.


It's an enjoyable debut mystery that had me hooked from the opening prologue right through to the shocking but not totally unexpected conclusion.I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading more books by this author in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment