23.4.18

Review: White Lies by Lucy Dawson

White Lies White Lies by Lucy Dawson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Omg,I feel soooo disappointed,not because I didn't enjoy any part of this twist packed,intense adrenaline ride.Nope,I absolutely loved every chapter,page,paragraph,sentence and word.The simple truth is,I didn't want this story of secrets,lies and manipulation to end.

Dr Alexandria Inglis has gone on a girl's weekend away to Ibiza to try and forget,at least for a couple of days her problems at home.Her Husband Rob recently admitted that he had a one night stand with his work colleague who just happens to be much younger and prettier than Alex. The plan was to try and have some fun,have a few drinks and a good laugh. It definitely wasn't a part of the plan for Alex to get paralytic and have a one night stand with Jonathan.A young man who turns out to be only seventeen and just happens to be a patient of Alex`s at the surgery where she works back home.


This is essentially a he said/she said story that consists of three parts and a epilogue.The chapters in the first part mainly alternate between Alex and Jonathan but also include a couple of chapters that are told from the point of view of Alex`s partner at the doctors surgery,Dr David Harper. The second part is voiced by Alex`s husband Rob and Jonathan`s girlfriend Cherry.Reading their thoughts and feelings about the people involved and the events as they unfolded around them added realism and depth to their characters.They weren't just secondary characters who hung about in the background and added nothing to the story.Throughout the whole book I was constantly changing my mind about who's version was the truth.Even now because the author has left that open to the readers discretion,I still have absolutely no idea who was telling the truth.I can't say I found any of the main characters very likeable,I would have felt more sympathy for Rob if he hadn't cheated on Alex.As in real life Alex soon discovers the sad fact that in modern society a person's life and reputation can be so easily destroyed by people on the internet,tv and the press. If it means you get more likes and comments,the ratings for your show shoot up or you sell loads more papers then who cares about the truth or the consequences and how it affects someone else's life.

I was hooked in by this absolutely brilliant,gripping thriller from the first page right through to.the totally unexpected conclusion.Highly recommended,worth far more than five stars and most definitely going to be on my list of my favourite books of this year

                                                                 AUTHOR BIO


I’ve been writing psychological suspense novels since 2008, when my first bestseller – His Other Lover – was published. I write full time (mostly on the playroom sofa) from my home in Devon, where I live with my husband and children. Before that, I used to interview the likes of Steps and SClub7 for a living, making absolutely no use whatsoever of my psychology degree from Warwick University, but it was a lot of fun.

I'm addicted to writing about the extraordinary things that can happen to ordinary people - I like stories that jump in at the deep end, with a gasp. When readers take the time out to let me know they've stayed up all night because they couldn't put the book down, it makes my day.

I really enjoy catching up with readers and always reply to emails. You can reach me at lucy@lucydawsonbooks.com. I’m also on Twitter @lucydawsonbooks and have a Facebook page at lucydawsonbooks. Alternatively you can download a free short story of mine at www.lucydawsonbooks.com or if you want to look at a lot of pictures of the beach and books that I'm reading, find me on Instagram at lucydawsonbooks

PUBLICATION DATE : 20 April 2018

PUBLISHER : Bookouture

GENRE : Crime,mystery & psychological thriller

PURCHASE HERE.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Lies-psychological-absolutely-brilliant-ebook/dp/B079HHQ78L/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1524499760&sr=1-1&keywords=white+lies+lucy+dawson


No comments:

Post a Comment