18.7.18

Review: The Day I Lost You by Alex Sinclair

The Day I Lost You The Day I Lost You by Alex Sinclair
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



OMG,wow just wow,talk about a fast paced,breath taking,roller coaster ride.And that twist,to quote Blackadder it was so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. I was so shocked I found myself spending at least five minutes sat in my comfy chair doing a very bad impersonation of OMG cat.And then I had to go on Twitter and post a OMG cat gif because....well why not,it's OMG cat and he's just so damn cute. Anyway back to my book review.

Throughout most of this breath taking thriller that is told in chapters that alternate between then and now,we follow Erika Rice`s desperate search for her four year old daughter Alice (bunny). They had been in a elevator on their way to Erika`s ex husband Michael's apartment when the lights suddenly went out. The elevator jerked to a stop on a floor of mainly empty apartments. Alice panicked and ran into the corridor but before Erika could follow her,the doors slammed shut trapping Erika inside the elevator. By the time Erika managed to get free and return to where she had last seen her daughter,Alice was gone. Where was she? Is she hiding or has someone abducted her? Is she lying injured somewhere in one of the empty stairwells and apartments that make up the huge complex. Throughout Erika`s frantic search she encounters a mixed bag of diverse characters,some who are sympathetic and willing to help Erika,some who are sinister and untrustworthy.Losing a child is every parents worst nightmare and the authors portrayal of Erika`s fear and frustration was realistic and believable. To be honest I struggled to feel any empathy towards Erika and found her rather unlikable in both the present day chapters and the chapters set in the past that covered her marriage to high flying lawyer Michael. Because we only get the story from Erika`s point of view,we are never actually sure wether Michael is the bullying control freak that Erika made him out to be or was he just a loving father who was doing everything in his power to give his child the best start in life.

My favourite parts of this story were the fast paced,action packed,intense chapters set in the present day that had me hooked in,devouring every word and wondering what the next revelation was going to be. I would love to watch a film adaptation of this book. This is the first book that I have read by this author and it most definitely will not be my last.

                                                              AUTHOR BIO


Alex Sinclair is a psychological thriller author from a quiet country town outside of Melbourne, Australia.

When he's not spending time with his wife and daughter, Alex can be found obsessing over his fiction. He loves to write fast-paced, gripping stories with killer twists. Alex is an avid reader of psychological thrillers and has a passion for good storytelling.

Alex’s novel, The Last Thing I Saw (available now), is the first of three gripping psychological thrillers he is publishing with Bookouture in 2018. His second psychological thriller with Bookouture, The Day I Lost You,is currently on pre-order and will be released on the 13th of July, 2018.

PUBLICATION DATE : 13th July 2018

PUBLISHER : Bookouture

GENRE : Psychological Thriller

PURCHASE HERE....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Day-Lost-You-gripping-psychological-ebook/dp/B07CMMKM66/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1531910520&sr=1-3&keywords=the+day+i+lost+you

No comments:

Post a Comment