9.8.18

Blog Blitz Review : Blood Ribbon by Roger Bray




                                                             

                                                                THE BLURB

University student Brooke Adams is lucky to be alive after having her head bashed in multiple times and then buried alive by an unknown assailant. Brooke is used to taking care of herself,she refuses to consider herself a victim. She is going to get better,live and learn from the experience but she is not going to dwell on it. But all that changes after PI Rod Morgan arrives at her hospital room and informs her that he is sure Brooke was attacked by a serial killer who Rod is convinced has been murdering and burying along the coast for over thirty years. The police are convinced that the attack on Brooke was just a random opportunistic act of violence so Rod,Brooke and one of Brooke`s friends Liv start their own search for Brooke`s attacker.As secrets from the past start unravelling it soon becomes clear that the case is far more dark and sinister than they could have imagined.Will they find Brooke`s manipulative,clever,psychopathic killer before he kills again and how will he react once he finds out that Brooke is still alive. Will he risk attacking her again and this time silencing her for good....



This gripping,thriller is voiced mainly by Brooke but there is also contributions from other characters including Liv and Brooke`s assailant. The chapters vary in length and are set in the past and the present.Brooke is a feisty,likeable character who we learn had a tough start in life,growing up in foster homes.She ran away at eighteen and found herself in Salam where she was taken in by kindly shopkeeper called Nico Stassino who let her move into his spare room,gave a job and made her feel like she belonged and was safe for the first time in her young life. For me personally there was a bit too much background information at the beginning of the story and I would have liked Brooke`s escape from her grave on the beach to have lasted for a bit longer than a couple of pages. Due to Rod being side lined due to ill health,Brooke and Liv ended up doing most of the investigating and I liked how despite having no experience as investigators they were portrayed as intelligent,capable characters and not bumbling,amateur idiots. Poor Brooke experiences a wide range of realistic emotions as the story unfolds and events push her to breaking point. But she also learns that family doesn't just have to be blood relatives,it also be the people you are close to.

This is a well written thriller that has a number of unpredictable twists including a one that was so jaw droppingly brilliant I almost dropped my kindle in shock. The characters were vivid and well rounded,the killer was twisted and spine chillingly sinister. I really liked Rod and Brooke and hope the author is planning more mysteries for them to investigate. This is the first book that I have read by this author and it most definitely will not be my last.
                                                           

                                                                AUTHOR BIO


I have always loved writing; putting words onto a page and bringing characters to life. I can almost feel myself becoming immersed into their lives, living with their fears and triumphs. Thus, my writing process becomes an endless series of questions. What would she or he do, how would they react, is this in keeping with their character? Strange as it sounds, I don’t like leaving characters in cliffhanging situations without giving them an ending, whichever way it develops.
My life to date is what compels me to seek a just outcome, the good will overcome and the bad will be punished. More though, I tend to see my characters as everyday people in extraordinary circumstances, but in which we may all find our selves if the planets align wrongly or for whatever reason you might consider.

Of course, most novels are autobiographical in some way. You must draw on your own experiences of life and from events you have experienced to get the inspiration. My life has been an endless adventure. Serving in the Navy, fighting in wars, serving as a Police officer and the experiences each one of those have brought have all drawn me to this point, but it was a downside to my police service that was the catalyst for my writing.

Medically retired after being seriously injured while protecting a woman in a domestic violence situation I then experienced the other side of life. Depression and rejection. Giving truth to the oft said saying that when one door closes another opens I pulled myself up and enrolled in college gaining bachelor and master degrees, for my own development rather than any professional need. The process of learning, of getting words down onto the page again relit my passion for writing in a way that I hadn’t felt since high school.

So here we are, two books published and another on track.

Where it will take me I have no idea but I am going to enjoy getting there and if my writing can bring some small pleasure into people’s lives along the way, then I consider that I will have succeeded in life.

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS

https://mobile.twitter.com/rogerbray22

https://m.facebook.com/rogerbraybooks/

https://rogerbraybooks.com

PUBLICATION DATE : 10th August 2018

PUBLISHER : Undertow

GENRE : Crime,Thriller & Mystery

PURCHASE HERE....

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/RogerBray

https://www.amazon.com/default/e/B0725KF3NF/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0?redirectedFromKindleDbs=true








2 comments:

  1. Thank you Nicki for your fantastic review, your support, time and effort, very much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure,Roger. Enjoy your day and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete