30.11.19

In no particular order - My Favourite reads of 2019 (part 2)


The Secrets He Kept is packed full of twists and turns and many of the chapters ended on a cliff-hanger,giving the reader a very bad case of Just one more chapter syndrome. It's a very well written mix of domestic drama,intrigue,thriller and murder mystery that hooks the reader in from the first page,keeps you guessing and frantically turning the pages. I loved this fast paced,page turner and didn't want to put it down. I would love to watch a film adaptation of this thrilling story. Very very highly recommended.


I really really love Richard Parker's thrillers and The Dinner Party was no exception. Fast paced,packed full of twists and turns,vivid characters and intense hero in danger moments. The chapters are short and snappy and give the reader a very bad case of Just one more chapter syndrome. As always this is a extremely well written thriller and is worth far more than five stars. I think this very talented author deserves far more recognition. Very very highly recommended



Little Siberia is a action packed thriller that rockets along faster than a roller coaster. So if you are looking for a gripping,thrill ride that is well written, has a likeable hero and a dash of humour then get yourself a copy of this brilliant book,get comfy in your reading chair and enjoy. I would love to watch a film adaptation of this book. Very very highly recommended.



 As readers have come to expect from a book written by Kerry Wilkinson and one of the reasons why I love his books so much is that there is no faffing about or pages and pages of scene setting and character introductions. The reader is immediately launched into the action from the very first chapter,the story rockets along and keeps you hooked in and frantically turning the pages. The short snappy chapters give the reader a very bad case of just one more chapter syndrome. I love this extremely talented authors,tightly plotted,twisty thrillers and can't wait to discover what his vivid imagination will conjure up for his next book. Very very highly recommended.
         

This is a gripping mystery/thriller that is packed full of twists and turns,keeps the reader guessing and frantically turning the pages from the first page,right through to the breath taking conclusion. From the way that this story ends it appears that the author is planning to write a sequel. Fingers crossed that she is because one of the girls secrets is not resolved by the end of this book and I would love to read another story featuring these fantastic characters. Once I started reading this well written thriller,I honestly couldn't put it down and I think that this is Rachel Sargeant`'s best book so far. Worth far more than five stars and very highly recommended


I Will Make You Pay is a tightly plotted,page turner that keeps the reader guessing and frantically turning the pages. It's a gripping thriller that plays with the readers emotions,has quite a few twists and turns and builds in intensity as the story unfolds. I love Teresa Driscoll`s books and this one was no exception, her characters are always vivid and realistic. Her story telling enthralling and captivating,drawing the reader into her characters fictional worlds. Amazing book and very,very highly recommended.


I genuinely cannot believe that this brilliant book is a debut novel,
it's extremely well written,the characters were vivid and realistic. The truth is gradually revealed,the author gradually feeding the reader tantalising clues,keeping you guessing and completely invested in her characters fictional worlds. The best way to truly enjoy this book is to keep a completely open mind,settle back in your comfy chair and enjoy. I would have given this book far more than five stars if I could and I look forward to reading more books by this author in the future. Very very highly recommended


Magpie is a beautifully written,mesmerising story that keeps the reader guessing and frantically turning the pages from the first page,right through to the heart breaking conclusion. It's a captivating tale that plays with the readers emotions and pulls on your heart strings. I had a lump in my throat more than once as the story unfolded and I discovered what had happened in Claire and Duncan's pasts and on that fateful night. Sophie Draper is a very talented author who can cleverly manipulate and captivate the reader with her compelling story telling. If you enjoyed reading Cuckoo then you are going to love Magpie. Worth far more than five stars and very,very highly recommended.


Little White Lies is a expertly plotted, unputdownable, suspenseful thriller that had me hooked in from the very first page and frantically turning the pages,totally captivated by the gripping story. The characters were vivid and realistic.There was quite a few twists and turns along the way including one jaw dropping reveal that had me sitting in my comfy chair doing a very bad impersonation of omg cat. The feeling of dread is never far away,the reader can't help sensing that something bad is going to happen,a feeling that only intensified as the story unfolded. This is an extremely well written debut thriller that I couldn't put down and I look forward to reading more books by this author in the future. Worth far more than five stars and definitely one of my favourite books of this year. Very very highly recommended.



I totally and utterly loved this mesmerising,tightly plotted thriller. I was hooked in from the first page and didn't want to put it down. It has a number of unexpected twists,is gripping,intense and keeps the reader guessing and as for the ending,talk about intense and chilling. I would love to watch a film adaptation of this book. Worth far far more than five stars. Very very highly recommended


The woods is an extremely well written,tightly plotted debut thriller that had me hooked in from the first page and frantically turning the pages. Once I started reading this book,I honestly didn't want to put it down. This is definitely one of my favourite books of this year and I look forward to reading more books written by this talented author in the future. Worth far more than five stars and very very highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment