1.10.18

Book Review: Forget My Name by J.S.Monroe

Forget My Name Forget My Name by J.S. Monroe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars





Wow,this author certainly doesn't hang about,no long drawn out background information,it's just Wham,straight into the story with the arrival on Tony and Laura`s doorstep of a mysterious female stranger who insists that they are living in her house. Now most people would just say that is was sad but not their problem and slam the door in her face. But kindly Tony and Laura take the terrified women into their home,cook her a meal and try to find out who their mysterious visitor is but she insists that she has lost her bag and can't remember her identity. Only more than one of these people are lying and the reader swiftly finds themselves plunged into a twisted story of lies,secrets and manipulation that has bony fingers that reach back into the past.

This twisty,gripping thriller is set mainly in and around Swindon,Wiltshire which is about an hour away from where I live and has chapters that alternate between a number of realistic characters,most of whom are unreliable and includes one character who is such a nasty,twisted individual that this person caused me to feel chills and my skin to crawl a number of times throughout the story. My favourite characters were DI Silas Hart and his partner DC Strover and also Luke who used to be a journalist and was investigating his own mystery which may or may not have be connected to the mysterious woman who had suddenly appeared in his small village.It's hard to say much about the mysterious stranger without giving away spoilers so I will just say that she was a brave,gutsy character who I felt very anxious for and was rooting for all the way once her story and the reasons behind her actions were revealed.

I learnt some fascinating information about brains,memory and seahorses whilst reading this well written,enthralling thriller. The story is fast paced,has short,snappy chapters and had me hooked in from the very first page. Very,very good book and highly recommended by little old me

                                                                AUTHOR BIO


J.S.Monroe is the pseudonym of the British author Jon Stock. Jon is the author of five spy novels and a new standalone psychological thriller, Find Me, to be published in 2017 under the name of JS Monroe. He lives in Wiltshire with his wife and three children

WEBSITE : http://www.jsthrillers.com

E - Book Publication date : 1st October 2018

Publisher : Head Of Zeus

Genre : Psychological Thriller

PURCHASE HERE....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forget-My-Name-gripping-bestselling-ebook/dp/B0798QP5DG/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1538393543&sr=1-1&keywords=forget+my+name


No comments:

Post a Comment