27.10.18

Book Review: One Dark Night by Tom Bale

One Dark Night One Dark Night by Tom Bale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars





Adam,Katy and their two young children Freya and Dylan are returning home after a fun packed family outing when a speeding car cuts them up at a junction,nearly causing them to crash.Like anyone would,well if your a short tempered moron that is,Adam decides to chase after the speeding car. A stupid,reckless decision that culminates in Adam seeing something that he shouldn't,a confrontation with a gang of ruthless men who just happen to be packing guns and Adam and his family being kidnapped.



As soon as you start this book the reader is launched into a thrilling,action packed thriller. To begin with I was totally enthralled by the intense,gripping,chilling story that had me glued to my comfy chair. I felt so much fear and anxiety for the safety and lives of Katy and her two children. Ok, maybe the part where Katy was allowed to take Dylan to his friends birthday party was a bit unrealistic but who cares,it's called fiction for a reason. So I was absolutely loving this book and then the story changed direction,the pace slowed down and I found I wasn't enjoying it as much. The pace and action did pick up towards the end of the story but by then my enthusiasm had waned and I wasn't as gripped by the story as I was earlier in the book. I really didn't like Holly,she was a really annoying and irritating character and I most definitely didn't like Adam. My favourite characters were Katy,Zoe,Freya,Dylan and DI Branning. As readers have come to expect with Tom Bale`s books, the bad guys were evil,sinister individuals.

Quite a number of the chapters ended on cliff hangers,the story did contain some unexpected twists and turns,untrustworthy,unreliable characters and some truly,intense moments. Although I was slightly disappointed with this story that won't stop me from reading more books by this author in the future.

                                                                AUTHOR BIO


Tom Bale is the author of nine books, including the bestsellers SEE HOW THEY RUN and ALL FALL DOWN. His latest book, ONE DARK NIGHT, is out now.

PUBLICATION DATE : 23rd October 2018

PUBLISHER : Bookouture

GENRE : Psychological Thriller

PURCHASE LINK....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Dark-Night-absolutely-unputdownable-ebook/dp/B07HB8NR2Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1540653142&sr=1-1&keywords=one+dark+night


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment