25.11.18

My Favourite reads of 2018 : Part 2


I love a book that plays with my emotions,I want to feel something about the characters and that is definitely what happened whilst I was reading this character driven thriller. There was characters I liked,disliked,annoyed me,frustrated me,sympathised with,changed my mind about and just plain gave me the creeps. Once I started reading this book,I didn't want to put it down,I was 100% hooked in from the first page right through to the spine chilling,shocking conclusion. The ending gives me chills everytime I think about it and is going to play on my mind for a very long time. I would love to watch a tv adaptation of this book and think it is worth far more than five stars.Very very highly recommended by little old me.

PRE-ORDER LINK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flower-Girls-Alice-Clark-Platts-ebook/dp/B07GBWGMK4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543156212&sr=1-1&keywords=the+flower+girls



This is a very well written,debut psychological thriller that really makes you use your brain cells,has some clever clues scattered throughout the story and an ingenious twist that I most definitely didn't see coming. I absolutely loved this book,couldn't put it down and look forward to reading more by this author in the future.

PURCHASE LINK..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lies-Between-Us-psychological-thriller-ebook/dp/B07CWTBL6C/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543156465&sr=1-3&keywords=The+lies+between+us



This is a well written,gripping psychological thriller that had me hooked in and totally enthralled from the very first page. The author keeps the reader guessing and speculating about the shocking truth of what happened on that summers day until not far from the end of the book. Amazing book,highly recommended and I look forward to reading more books by this author in the future

PURCHASE LINK...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orchid-Girls-completely-gripping-psychological-ebook/dp/B07GGS6Q1R/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543156668&sr=1-1&keywords=the+orchid+girls


This is not a fast paced story but it does have some unexpected twists and turns,keeps you guessing and turning the pages desperately wanting to know what happened to Nora and who killed Noelle but at the same time not wanting the story to end. I really enjoyed this well written debut thriller and look forward to reading more books by this author in the future.

PURCHASE LINK...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forget-Me-Not-gripping-heart-wrenching-ebook/dp/B07CWVPJW5/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543156922&sr=1-3&keywords=forget+me+not



The Diary is a mesmerising,very well written debut thriller that had me hooked in from the first page. The story flows with ease in both times frames and no parts come across as unnecessary or added to pad out the story. The author states in the notes at the back of the book that she has been affected personally by some of the issues raised in this story and I hope that writing this book has helped her start the journey towards moving on even if it's only in a small way. There are some hard hitting issues covered in this book that would raise some heated discussions if it was read by a book group. Highly recommended,I look forward to reading more books by this author in the future.

PRE-ORDER/PURCHASE LINK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diary-completely-addictive-psychological-thriller-ebook/dp/B07GWBDDXS/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543157233&sr=1-1&keywords=The+diary+by+vikki



This absolutely AMAZING book has short,snappy chapters,many of which end on a cliff hanger and give the reader a very bad case of Just one more chapter syndrome. I was hooked in from the first page,frantically turning the pages,totally enthralled by the author`s mesmerising storytelling. I honestly didn't want to put this book down. I would love to watch a film version of this book. I think it's worth far more than five stars. Very,very good book and highly recommended by little old me.

PRE-ORDER/PURCHASE LINK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Girl-Gone-gripping-thriller-ebook/dp/B07F3PW7ZV/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543157449&sr=1-1&keywords=little+girl+gone




This is a mesmerising,enthralling psychological thriller. You really have to concentrate while you read this story due to the constant flipping back and forth in time. The chapters are clearly marked with the year that chapter is set in and which character that chapter is about.Sarah Simpson's words flow with ease,captivating the reader and drawing you into her characters fictional worlds.Amazing book,worth far more than five stars and highly recommended by little old me.

PURCHASE LINK...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Who-Am-psychological-thriller-stunning-ebook/dp/B07FVMWXKY/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543157759&sr=1-1&keywords=who+i+am



WOW,just WOW,The Other Sister is a mesmerising,mind blowing psychological thriller that has so many twists and turns that by the time I reached the surprising unpredictable conclusion I felt so dizzy that I thought I might need to go and lie down in dark room.

PURCHASE LINK..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Other-Sister-gripping-psychological-suspense-ebook/dp/B076PM95YP/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543158662&sr=1-1&keywords=the+other+sister


 This thriller is not fast paced but it is #creepy,#intense and #Thoughtprovoking. This is the first book that I have read by this author and it most definitely will not be my last.
#HappyReader #HighlyRecommended #EndOfReview

PURCHASE LINK...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Know-You-Annabel-Kantaria-ebook/dp/B078QZ33ST/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543158851&sr=1-2&keywords=i+know+you+know


This is a enthralling,well written debut thriller that had me hooked in from the first page.You have to fully concentrate on what you are reading to enable you to comprehend which character`s voice you are reading. The characters were well rounded and realistic,the story was intense,chilling and held my attention throughout the whole book. Highly recommended,I loved this book and look forward to reading more books written by this author in the future.

PURCHASE LINK...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/She-Chose-Me-Tracey-Emerson-ebook/dp/B077HX22TP/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543159046&sr=1-1&keywords=she+chose+me+tracey+emerson


I absolutely loved this adrenaline ride of a thriller.The authors descriptions of Frannie`s health issues due to her pregnancy and her nervousness when she was driving were realistic and believable. I love being in a car at night but I have never learned to drive myself,I'm nervous enough as a passenger.The characters were vivid and well rounded and the story told in chapters that vary in length held my attention throughout. In my opinion this book is worth far more than five stars and I look forward to reading more books by this author in the future.

PURCHASE LINK...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Driver-heart-stopping-thriller-killer-ebook/dp/B07DJ8V5NM/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543159255&sr=1-1&keywords=Night+driver


This is a very well written debut thriller that is set in Australia,it's quite a short story but the author has certainly packed a lot into the 161 pages.The story had me hooked throughout and frantically turning the pages,totally mesmerised as the gripping game of cat and mouse unfolded before my eyes.The only part that I felt a bit disappointed with was the ending.Very highly recommended and I looking forward to reading more books by this author in the future.

PURCHASE LINK...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Reception-Maisie-Porter-ebook/dp/B07BS6RR11/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543159480&sr=8-1&keywords=no+reception


Wow and wow again. The Silent Sister is a nail biting,fast paced roller coaster ride that is packed full of so many twists and turns that by the time you reach the jaw dropping final twist,you are feeling so dizzy that all you want to do is lie down in a dark room for a few hours or until your head stops spinning.

PURCHASE LINK...



This mesmerising,mind blowing thriller has more twists and turns than a roller coaster.It's a fast paced tale of lies,manipulation,deceit and betrayal that hooks the reader in from the very first page and grips you so tightly that you struggle to breath at times.By the time you reach the end of the book,your not relieved that the story is over,it's just a relief that the vice like grip has been removed and you can breath again.

PURCHASE LINK...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deception-Wears-Many-Faces-psychological-ebook/dp/B07DM5221N/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543159919&sr=1-1&keywords=Deception+wears+many+faces



This is a twisted tale of love,secrets,lies,obsession,fear,betrayal,manipulation,misconceptions,parenting,depression and forgiveness that may be fictional but also has a very heavy dose of gruesome reality.
 I really enjoyed this chilling,well written domestic thriller and look forward to reading more books by this author in the future.Highly recommended

PURCHASE LINK....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pretty-Ugly-Lies-gripping-chilling-ebook/dp/B07FF28PLL/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543160400&sr=1-1&keywords=pretty+ugly+lies


This absolutely AMAZING book has short,snappy chapters,many of which end on a cliff hanger and give the reader a very bad case of Just one more chapter syndrome. I was hooked in from the first page,frantically turning the pages,totally enthralled by the author`s mesmerising storytelling. I honestly didn't want to put this book down. I would love to watch a film version of this book. I think it's worth far more than five stars. Very,very good book and highly recommended by little old me.

PRE-ORDER/PURCHASE LINK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Girl-Gone-gripping-thriller-ebook/dp/B07F3PW7ZV/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543160654&sr=1-1&keywords=little+girl+gone


This is a well written,gripping,fast paced thriller that had me hooked in from the first page right through to the unexpected twist ending.I love how Barbara Copperthwaite`s words flow with ease,drawing the reader into her realistic,vivid characters fictional world,holding you captive as the story unfolds before your eyes.Worth far more than five stars and highly recommended by little old me.

PURCHASE LINK...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfect-Friend-gripping-psychological-thriller-ebook/dp/B07DKJ4265/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543160830&sr=1-1&keywords=the+perfect+friend


The Bridal Party is a chilling,sinister,intense thriller that had me on the edge of my seat from the first page right through to the unexpected ending that had just a dash of poetic justice. I would love to watch a film adaptation of this book. This is a well written debut psychological thriller and I look forward to reading more books written by this author in the future.

Pre-Order/Purchase Link...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bridal-Party-Perfect-fans-Wares-ebook/dp/B07GHBKTK3/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543754318&sr=1-1&keywords=The+bridal+party


This is not a very long book but the author has certainly managed to pack a lot into the 197 pages. It's a well written,fast paced thriller that is packed full of twists and turns,mystery and suspense. I was hooked in from the very first page and was very disappointed when I finished the book because I didn't want the story to end. Worth far more than five stars and highly recommended by little old me.

Pre-Order Link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Sister-Missing-fast-paced-gripping-ebook/dp/B07J3923B1/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1545421534&sr=1-2&keywords=my+sister+is+missing


Someone You Know is a enthralling,twist packed,gripping thriller that keeps the reader guessing throughout. I changed my mind a number of times about who I thought killed Edie and was genuinely surprised when the truth was revealed. I had a lump in my throat when I read the final,heart string pulling page. This is a skilfully plotted,well written,debut thriller that deserves far more than five stars and is definitely one of my favourite books of this year. I loved this book and look forward to reading more by this author in the future.

Pre-Order link....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Someone-You-Know-gripping-thriller-ebook/dp/B07F95D8DB/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1545421938&sr=1-1&keywords=someone+you+know


No comments:

Post a Comment