19.3.17

Review: Lie to Me by Jess Ryder

Lie to Me Lie to Me by Jess Ryder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Three minutes of footage on a innocent looking old vcr tape is all it takes to shatter Meredith Banks life and put doubt on everything that she thought she knew about her life so far.

Meredith is totally blown away by what she has just watched.Can there be any truth in the strange story that her mother had forced her to tell on camera.

The search for answers leads Meredith to Darkwater Pool,the scene of the murder of Cara Travers thirty years ago.Could there possibly be a link between her mother and the victim.

To find the truth Meredith must search through a past that is not her own.The problem is,she is not the only one looking....

I was hooked in from the very first page of this gripping,fast paced story of secrets,relationships and betrayals.The story flips back and forth between Meredith`s story which is set in the present day and Cara`s which is set back in 1984.There is also a number of present day chapters throughout the book that are told from the point of view of Christopher Jay who was Cara`s boyfriend.Although the story is told from the point of view of more than one character the chapters are named and the story is easy to follow.The characters are realistic and believable,I really liked Meredith,poor mixed up Cara,I even felt sympathy for Christopher Jay at times even though some of his actions were unforgivable.I was worried at one point that the story was going to go in a direction that would have spoiled the story for me but fortunately that plot device was only used in one chapter and then discarded.

The mystery of who killed Cara is intriguing and kept me guessing until the final surprising reveal,although I did figure out one of the twists there was twists that I definitely didn't see coming.I really enjoyed this thrilling debut and would have given it more than five stars if I could.I look forward to reading more book by this author in the future.

Many thanks to Bookouture for a arc of this book via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment