15.3.17

Review: Wrong Number by Carys Jones

Wrong Number Wrong Number by Carys Jones
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Amanda and Will are living the dream,loving wife,handsome husband,perfect dream home until one day while Will is at work their phone rings.A man wants to speak to a Jake Burton and refuses to believe Amanda when she insists that no one going by that name lives there.Later that evening Amanda tells Will about the phone call,he asks her a few questions about the call and then they go to bed.Next morning when Amanda wakes up Will is gone,she is not overly worried until she gets a call from Will`s boss who wants to know where Will is.That is when Amanda`s world shatters,if Will hasn't gone to work then where is he?

Amanda is determined to find her husband and enlists the help of her ex boyfriend Shane who is a police Detective.Together they are drawn into a world of drug dealers,criminal masterminds and broken promises.

As the truth becomes clearer,Amanda begins to wonder if she ever really knew her husband at all.

I was drawn to this book by the Intreguing tag lines on the front cover especially the a Missing husband one,I do love a Missing person mystery.The problem was that the conclusion of that little mystery was revealed in the opening prologue,a fact that spoiled some of my enjoyment of the story.Amanda was a likeable but also frustrating lead character,I liked her fiestiness,loyalty and stubbornness,she was going to find her husband no matter what danger she was putting herself in.The frustrating part was her feelings for Shane which ebbed and flowed like the waves of the sea that she loved so much.I enjoy reading thrillers because I love getting caught up in the danger,mystery and action,if I wanted romance and love triangles then I would read a Mills and Boon.The constant flashbacks and mentions of Amanda`s dad became irritating and repetitive after a while,I understand that she missed him and that he was her hero but I didn't need to be reminded about it over and over again.Its hard to judge Will`s character because what you do know about him is learnt from Amanda's point of view and as for Shane I don't think that he is the loyal,trustworthy character that he appears to be.

I liked the use of the darknet in the story,it's not something that I know much about although my daughter says that it's misconstrued.I liked the dramatic chase through the woods and the Intreguing unsolved mystery of who Turtle82 is.The abrupt ending didn't bother me that much because I had already requested and downloaded the sequel.Although I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would I am intregued enough to want to know how the story is going to end.


  • Many thanks to Aria books for a arc of this book via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment