14.7.17

Review: Reported Missing by Sarah Wray

Reported Missing Reported Missing by Sarah Wray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My actual star rating for this book is 4.5

Four months ago Rebecca Pendle`s husband Chris disappeared on the same day as 14 year old Kayleigh Jackson

Rebecca wants to believe that it's all a coincidence but with the police,angry town and the media all believing that Chris has abducted the teenager it is getting harder to trust his innocence.

Rebecca tries to discover the truth but what she uncovers shocks her more than she ever thought.How well did she actually know the man that she loves?.

I admit that I don't normally enjoy reading books where the story starts quite slowly,I love action,twists and cliff hangers.Very often if a story takes too long to get going I find myself losing interest and end up not finishing the book.This book does start off quite slowly but the story had some intreguing elements that held my interest and I really wanted to know what had happened to Chris and Kayleigh.

The whole story is narrated by Rebecca who is not a very likeable character.You really feel like you should feel some sympathy for her because of everything that she going through but she really didn't help herself at times and her constant whining and feeling sorry for herself became very frustrating and irritating.

Most of the other characters where unreliable and unlikable although I did like Julie,Rebecca`s Mum Averil and Rebecca`s best friend Jeannie.The authors portrayal of Averil`s fear,confusion and frustration due to her dementia was chillingly realistic and Rebecca's treatment of her mother only helped to intensify my dislike of her character.I feel it would have added more intregue to the story if there had been a couple of cryptic chapters narrated from Chris point of view or even narrated from the point of view of a mystery character that could have been Chris but that's just my opinion.

Don't go into this book expecting happily ever afters because that's not what happens in real life,not every story can finish all wrapped up nicely with a pretty little bow.It's a well written thriller that does have some intense danger moments as the story unfolds.I did enjoy the debut thriller and would happily read more books by this author in the future.

Many thanks to Bookouture for a arc of this book via netgalley in exchange for a honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment