19.10.19

(In no particular order)MY FAVOURITE BOOKS OF 2019


I absolutely loved this amazing thriller and would love to watch a film adaptation of this story. I was so disappointed when I finished the book because I was enjoying so much, I didn't want the story to end. This is the first book that I have read by this author and it most definitely will not be my last. Worth far more than five stars and very highly recommended by little old me.


I loved Dirty Little Secrets,just as much as I loved The Confession which was one of my favourite reads of last year. I was totally enthralled by every character's part of the story and loved that most of the chapters ended on a cliff hanger,giving the reader a very bad case of Just one more chapter syndrome. Although the story is narrated by numerous characters,the chapters are clearly annotated and the writers words flow with ease drawing you into her characters fictional world. I liked how some of the characters changed as the story unfolded and they realised that the way they were living their lives had to change. I was hooked in from the very first page and genuinely didn't want to put this gripping thriller down. Absolutely amazing book,worth far more than five stars and very highly recommended by little old me.


 I Know You're There is a enthralling,character driven thriller with a very ingenious title and tag line and a story that keeps the reader guessing until towards the end of the book. Sarah Simpson lives in beautiful Cornwall which is where she also sets her stories. You can tell from her breath taking descriptions of the gorgeous scenery and settings that feature in her well written,complex,unpredictable thrillers that she really loves where she lives. I love Sarah Simpson's books and would happily recommend them.to anyone who.enjoys reading seriously,gripping psychological thrillers.



I love a book that plays with my emotions,I want to feel something about the characters and that is definitely what happened whilst I was reading this fast paced thriller. There was characters I liked,disliked,empathised with,changed my mind about and just plain gave me the creeps. Once I started reading this book,I didn't want to put it down,I was 100% hooked in from the first page right through to the breath taking,heart pounding conclusion. This is K.L.Slater at her best,her words flow with ease,drawing the reader into Lucie and Blake's world and living every minute of their nightmare and fear as time passed and there was still no trace of their beloved daughter. Absolutely amazing book,worth far more than five stars and definitely going to be one of my favourite reads of this year. Very very highly recommended.



Appearances can be deceptive,people are not always who they appear to be as Eve soon discovers in this twisty,unputdownable thriller that had me hooked in from the first page,totally entranced by the tightly plotted,gripping story that was unfolding as I frantically turned the pages.The characters were realistic and vivid,the story was packed full of red herrings and misdirections and had a number of totally unexpected twists.Well worth far more than five stars,this book is definitely going to be on my list of my favourite reads of this year.


OMG, Turn The Other Way is one hell of a roller coaster ride from beginning to end.It's a gripping,chilling thriller/horror that holds the reader captive in a vice like grip that's so tight you sometimes find yourself struggling to breath.That's when you actually get an opportunity to remember to breath which is not very often due to the frantic pace,twists and turns and non stop action.


Rewind is a extremely well written,expertly plotted,twisty psychological thriller that had me hooked in from the very first page. It's fast paced,quite a quick read and once I started reading it,i genuinely couldn't put it down. The only disappointing aspect of this brilliantly clever book was that I finished it far too quickly for this readers liking. Worth far more than five stars and very very highly recommended by little old me.

This is a well written story about vivid,realistic characters,that held my attention throughout and had me frantically turning the pages,desperately wanting to know what was going to happen next. There was a number of unexpected twists and turns including a twist that almost caused me to drop my kindle in shock. I loved this book,very highly recommended by little old me.


And Then She Vanishes is a exceedingly,well written,mesmerising thriller that had me hooked in from the very first page. The reader is drawn in by a chilling prologue and kept guessing throughout as the many layers of the story are revealed. This is Claire Douglas at her best,her words flow with ease,drawing the reader into her characters fictional world and making you care about some of their fates. I loved this book and couldn't put it down. Worth far more than five stars and highly recommended by little old me.


This is a extremely,well written mystery/thriller with a constant sense of the supernatural lurking in the background and a added dash of humour. It has suspense and thrills and the story is complex and utterly gripping,holding the reader captivated from the first page,right through to the last.I would love to watch a film adaptation of this book and if I could I would have given it far more than five stars. I loved this mesmerising story,it is definitely going to be one of my favourite reads of this year.very very highly recommended.


This Little Dark Place is a extremely well written debut thriller. It's a twisty compelling tale of love,obsession and betrayal. I love the atmospheric cover that really fits perfectly with the setting for this story.I would love to watch a film adaptation of this book and I look forward to reading more books by this author in the future. Worth far more than five stars and very very highly recommended.



The Marriage Trap is a extremely well written,tightly plotted thriller that had me hooked in from the jaw dropping,chilling opening chapter. The story held me captive throughout,frantically turning the pages,wanting to know how this story was going to end. The conclusion was so intense,I think i actually forgot to breath at one point. Absolutely brilliant book.Very,very highly recommended.


I really love Shalini Boland books,they are always extremely well written,tightly plotted,page turners and The Other Daughter is no exception. Her characters are all well rounded,vivid and realistic. Her story telling is hypnotic and captivating,drawing you into her character's fictional world. The only disappointing aspect about her books is that once you start reading one,you don't want to put it down so it is over far too quickly. I loved this book and would have giving it far more than five stars if I could. Very very highly recommended.


I totally and utterly loved this compelling,gripping thriller. Once I started reading it,I honestly didn't want to put it down. The twists and turns arrived at breakneck speed,nothing was what it appeared to be,both story and character wise and the ending was shocking and chilling. I would give this amazing book far more than five stars if I could and it is definitely going to be one of my favourite reads of this year. Very very very highly recommended.


Ghoster is a extremely well written thriller that has laugh out loud moments and moments that chill you to the bone. It's a totally enthralling mix of thriller,mystery,romance and the supernatural that had me hooked in from the first page,right through to the chilling conclusion. I genuinely didn't want to pit this book down. Worth far more than five stars and very very highly recommended


I honestly cannot believe that this extremely well written,tightly plotted thriller is a debut novel. I was hooked in from the first page,totally captivated by the twists and turns as the story unfolded before my eyes. The short snappy chapters,many of which ended on a cliff hanger gave the reader a very bad case of Just one more chapter syndrome. I loved this book and look forward to reading many more books written by this author in the future. Worth far more than five stars and very very highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment